Saturday, June 2, 2007

Steak and Steamers

One thing that has been on my mind since we found this house is entertaining. I want a house that is fun to live in. I wanted room to have friends and family over, to have people come and stay, and for us to enjoy it ourselves. We had our first evening of fun last night.

We cleared the living space of boxes and invited my sister and brother-inlaw over. They have been housing Joe for the past 2 months calling him "the boarder". We were so lucky to have them to offer Joe a place to stay, a great meal every night (my sister is a great cook), and a built in support system.

Last night, we got to pay them back just a little. We had steak and Littleneck clams on the grill. I have never liked clams but these were delicious. I am sure it helped that the clams were dug up about 3 hours before we ate them. They were so fresh.

It was a great evening. It was cool and breezy last night as Trop. Storm Barry approached. We sat out on the lanai, chatted and then had gourmet s'mores for dessert. Yummm. The evening was perfect.

I look forward to doing this many more times.

Tropical Storm Barry is bringing us lots of greatly needed rain. Yes, we have been in our house less than one week and already have had our first storm. Here's hoping this is not an omen...

I have started working on the Scrapbooking Room. I do not have clear vision yet of where I am heading but I have made order out of the chaos so I am a happy girl.

Life is good.

No comments: