Saturday, August 11, 2007

You won't see this often...

Yes, I am cooking. Or in this case, baking. I baked a caramel pecan pie for dessert for our anniversary dinner. My sister was over so it was just as easy to bake two pies so she had one for her dinner. Two cooks in the kitchen makes the job so much easier. And while they baked, we hung out by the pool.
Caramel Pecan Pie

36 caramels (I use Kraft)
1/4 C water
1/4 C butter, cubed
3 eggs
3/4 C sugar
1t vanilla
1/8 t salt
1 1/3 C pecans

pie shell (I use Pillsbury in dairy section - it is just as good as homemade)

In heavy saucepan, combine caramels, water and butter - stir over low heat until caramels are melted. Set aside.

In mixing bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, sugar and salt until smooth. Gradually add caramel mixture - stirring constantly. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie shell.

Bake 350 degrees - 40 - 45 minutes

Yummy!

No comments: