me in the yellow shorts
Inspired by Shelley's post today.
- My grandmother lived on a dirt road, my sister and I used a stick and drew out the floor plan of our pretend house and played in it for hours.
- My mom made most of my clothes.
- One of my prized possessions was a Miss America doll. She was beautiful and very fancy. I wonder what happened to her.
- I was in love with books. The Betsy and Starr series was one of my favorites as a new reader. My mom read aloud to me many books.
- I played outside with neighborhood kids pretty much all day everyday. The more kids the better.
- Going to the drive-in to see Elvis or Doris Day movies was the best. I still love the movies.
- I loved to play dress up and sing Broadway show tunes.
- I wanted to be a nurse when I grew up.
- I was a Brownie and continued in Girl Scouts - sold cookies in my neighborhood.
- Used to eat oranges plucked fresh off the trees in my grandfather's citrus grove.