Monday, September 21, 2009

Just doing other things-



Sometimes there are other things that take priority over blogging. Nothing special or memorable - just life. It has been that way lately.



Today I found these little goodies at a thrift store. Love this little yellow bowl with fruit and leaves around the edge. These little ornaments are tiny and fragile but they needed a good home. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to the holidays. It is such a lovely time of year. I can't wait to put it up and lately in a very strange 180 degree reversal from my norm - I can't bear to take it down. I used to take my Christmas tree down on 12/26. Now I am lingering and not wanting to part with the special feeling of a house let in colored lights and candles scenting the air 24/7. Not sure when I became so sentimental but I have it in buckets now. Maybe it is replacing the estrogen and progesterone that is lacking in my peri-menopausal self.

Tomorrow I am having dental work done and will probably be MIA for a bit. Not looking forward to this at all.

No comments: