Sunday, September 2, 2007

She...


Yesterday Barbara and Scott Moore came to visit. What a treat that was! I love that there are people in my life that are treasures. They are two of them. Barbara brought me these beautiful flowers (and some yummy snacks) and this book that I have wanted since I first heard about it but never bought it for myself. It was even more special to have it given to me.

We caught each other up on news, toured the house, and tried hard not to completely dominate the conversation as if we were the only ones in the room. The men in the room were a bit ignored because we needed each other. But hopefully we made up for it at lunch.

We went to Crabby Joe's for lunch. It was pouring rain and the distance from the parking lot down the pier, out into the ocean is a long one. When we got there we were dripping wet. The wet where you go into the ladies room to blot up the best you can with paper towels, pull your sopping hair back with your headband or sunglasses and wipe the mascara off your cheeks. Roman Rapids or Kali River Rapids wet.

The wind was blowing, the raining was coming down in opaque sheets and the lightening and thunder were rocking and rolling - yes, a typical summer afternoon in Florida. You laugh it off and order fish sandwiches and hush puppies and feel like you are someplace exotic and tropical. On vacation - away. What fun! We laughed and shared and I, for one, loved every minute. Bliss...

No comments: