Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Ode to Chapel Hill Lane - Part 1

I saw this idea on a blog that I read regularly and knew I had to do it too. Thank you, Heather.

There is something so bittersweet about moving from a house that you have spent years making your home. For Jarrett this is the only house he remembers. This is where all of his memories are contained. Much happened in this house...

This is the living room where we spent so many hours hanging out. After the BATV arrived, (Big Ass TV) we practically lived in this room watching TiVo, movies and eating around the coffee table. Our Christmas tree was generally in the left hand corner by the deck door. This was definitely the heart of this house.


This view sold the house to me. I remember seeing the house from the outside and thinking, "Ugh, a colonial. I hate it!" But luckily, this spot spoke to me and convinced me that the house had potential and it did not have to look like a colonial just because it was built to be one. "Look past the obvious - see the possibilities". Watching this view of the woods in the back change with the seasons was wonderful. And peaceful.

The dining room - a multi-purposed room used for everything from holiday meals to scrapbooking to home school classroom. It has seen friends gathered and laughing, art being created and stories shared. Joan and I spent many the hour in this room scrapbooking and talking about what we were going to do next. Who knew that she would never visit my new scrapbook room?

No comments: