Sunday, January 9, 2011

Stockpiling Mail Art


front

Took some time in Friday to make mail art. Little bundles of joy to show up in someone's mailbox. I hope that the recipients enjoy them but I know that making them is a joy for me. Quick little artistic expressions that make me happy.


back

I can whip one up in 10 mins. Love all that sewing with no worries of results. However it comes out is just right.



These I am stockpiling as my friend, Elizabeth, is not feeling well. As she recovers I would love to fill her mailbox with "feel betters".



I had a really artsy 2010 calendar that RM gave me. I wasn't sure what to do with it now that it is "done". I ripped out the illustrations and they make perfect envelopes for mail art and are already decorated.



Add a strip of tissue tape and a couple of labels and done. So quick. So consider pulling those cool calendars out of the recycle bin and use them as predecorated envelopes or use them as great patterned paper to punch elements from. (sorry, poor grammar)

Video how to Mail Art by RM or as the world calls her: Roben-Marie Smith.

What creative things are you up to?

No comments: