Monday, December 6, 2010

Snowflake garland



Saw these at Target today on sale in the holiday section with the on sale paper plates, napkins and cups. Thought they would be really cute in my Daily December album as die cuts. My sister said they would make a great garland. Of course! A garland...



I knew I wanted a little separator between each snowflake and thought green would be good. Liked the idea of text to give it added texture so I smeared a book page with Ranger's "peeled paint" ink. I punched it with a circle punch about the size of a dime.



I placed them in separate bowls cos that makes me happy.



Then I just started sewing. I fed the pieces under the foot and and the thread sews between the pieces making a tiny chain.



I hung it from the chandelier in the dining room. This garland only took ONE bag of scatter/snowflakes. Be careful to keep it from twisting up on itself. It is a bear to untangle.

No comments: