Wednesday, December 29, 2010

One Little Word 2011



I have committed to my OLW for 2011.

It is quite the departure for me.

2007 - Honor
2008 - Implement
2009 - Dare
2010 - Fearless

I usually pick very demanding, pushy words. This year? Hello, merry and its friends: joy, delight, frivolity and festive.

merry:

–adjective, mer·ri·er, mer·ri·est.

1. full of cheerfulness or gaiety; joyous in disposition or spirit

2. laughingly happy; mirthful; festively joyous; hilarious

3. Archaic . causing happiness; pleasant; delightful

Saying goodbye to Fearless:

Fearless jumped on me and would not let me shake it. I did not want fearless as my word but it was insistent that it knew better and I had better just listen up! I could not predict the events of this year that would make fearless so necessary. Thank you, fearless. Now please, depart and make way for MERRY.

I will be using merry as a guide to making the most of every day, to finding merry even when it is not evident and on those days when merry is just not possible, I will remember that this will pass and merry will be a choice tomorrow... or maybe the next day.

I am excited about Ali's class. I am ready!!

No comments: