Sunday, March 7, 2010

Repurposing: Gift Card Holder



I started with a cardboard coffee cup sleeve that my BIL saves for me - Thank you, Bill!



I traced the sleeve onto a piece of patterned paper (Recollections from Michael's) covering (using glue stick)the front and the back. I sewed the edge closing the bottom and adding variegated color stitching to the sides but not the top. Have I mentioned that I am using my sewing machine that I swore I would never want on every project I make?!!



Added bling cos anything with bling is better.



Took a piece of tissue paper and a scrap of patterned paper and put them thru our paper shredder.



Cut (with scissors) the pieces into smaller bits.



Stuff the homemade excelsior into the pocket - dropped in the gift card. I attached a homemade stamped tag to a big jeweled brad and done. Pretty and made with stuff from my stash.

Happy Birthday, Steff!!

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

That is GORGEOUS!

Sara said...

LOVE THE IDEA!!!