Wednesday, February 24, 2010



Inspired by the journals several of the retreat ladies had made in Mary Ann Moss' online class, I have ventured into journal making. It combines sewing (which I did not know I would love now) and book making (which I did not know how to do and it looked so complicated - it isn't). The results are yummy.



My first journal went to documenting the retreat. Wow, I love this format.



It combines my love of patterned paper, journaling blocks and the anything else you can find that you love including scraps of paper and fabric.



What a great way to use up some of my stash in a new and creative way.



I love the layered look of it.



Joe decided he wanted in on the fun so over Valentine;s Day weekend, I walked him thru the steps and he made this one. He was rocking the sewing machine and the Cropadile Big Bite.



His interior is a collection of patterned papers that I have collected from him over the past few years of space theme, maps, clocks and engineering. Super masculine cool.



This is my second journal. I love the long skinny size. It is ready for all my Animal Kingdom detail photos.



My latest one is a 6x6 inspiration album full of pockets and page protectors.

2 comments:

Roben-Marie said...

My, dear! You have been so busy! I haven't even started adding my retreat pictures to mine yet. I had hoped to work on it while in CA, but I was so taken with the class and getting as much done, that I didn't even touch it. I have a lot to do! These are so lovely! I can't wait to see them in person!! :)

Bobbie said...

You go, Sandi! Gorgeous!