Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sewing



This past weekend I found a sewing machine on sale at JoAnn's. I have been looking in the thrifts for an used machine with no luck. So, I took the plunge. The box sat in the living room for three days taunting me and frankly, intimidating me. I finally opened the box and read the manual and thought I can do this...maybe...oh crap, I hate sewing machines and then I saw the DVD. I am a visual learner so that helped tremendously. I filled the bobbin, threaded the machine (it has an automatic needle threader for people with progressive lenses that can't see the hole ) and off we went - just my machine and I - decorative stitching like we knew what we were doing.

I wanted this for paper arts way more than fabric but who knows when I will whip up an apron or a shower curtain.

This cool font is from House of 3 - House Rules. Love it.

No comments: