Thursday, December 11, 2008

5 Days Shorter

The time frame from Thanksgiving to Christmas is 5 days shorter than most due to Tgiving being so late this year. I gotta say - this is SERIOUSLY cramping my style.



I had a little freakout yesterday.



It went something like this...



HEY, WAIT JUST A MINUTE! I spent November working my butt off getting everything ready so that come December 1st, I was done. The goal was to sit back and have Christmas special moments every single day even if it was 15 minutes sitting looking at the lights of the tree. And we were going to go to events - concerts, movies under the stars, A Walk thru Bethlehem, the gingerbread house exhibit, etc.



So far we have done none of those. And the clock is ticking...



We've done homework, school projects, errands, laundry and grocery shopping. Yes, we have snuck in some lanai sitting with Pom 7 Up and white wine spritzers and even watched White Christmas but that is not enough. And the clock is ticking...



WHERE IS MY FREAKIN' JOY?!








So, I had to calm myself down and talk myself through this. I decided that my decorations and trees are not coming down until we feel good and finished celebrating Christmas regardless of the date. And that is just that!



I feel better now.



Anybody else having a pre-Christmas mini anxiety attack and have to talk themselves down? How are you handling all this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey sounds like me...boo hoo I can't get going on my cards. I did get great backround paper now to figure what to do with it! We can do it yes we can...eek.. Hugs Grace

Unknown said...

That's it Sandi, you keep that Christmas stuff up as long as you want! I had a friend once who left up her decorations up through February!

Sara said...

Coming from someone who can barely get Thanksgiving put away, and won't be home for xmas but wants to put some stuff out...ARGH!