Thursday, June 19, 2008

Record Breaking Moment

I have discovered some great new blogs thanks to you. My new additions are:



  • Retrospection - a young widow that scrapbooks and blogs. Her pages are so colorful and full of ideas. I have already tried a couple of ideas that I found on her blog. The story of dealing with the loss of her husband to cancer and now a single mom to a little boy is very touching. Recommended by Shonna who also blogs about painting and scrapbooking - we "met" in an online painting class with Paulette Insall.


  • Citizen of the Month - a blog by Neil, a writer in LA, who is recovering from a breakup with his lady love. His humorous blog is about his life and thoughts. The really interesting thing to me in this blog is the comments section. There is a strong, and seemingly close knit, community of readers that have a dynamic discussion in the comments section of each post. That, my friends, is where the true magic of this blog lies. I am so envious! They are having a ball. - Recommended by Jane Devin, a thought provoking writer/blogger. I "met" her by commenting on her blog after following a link from Rosie O'Donnell's blog. Let me assure you that Jane is never boring and always worth the read.

  • Icing - the cupcake loving, advice giving, shoeloving, New Zealander writer currently living in Australia, named Gala Darling. She writes about fashion, design and pop culture. - Recommended by Bobbie. Bobbie and I met in real life when fate threw us together to chaperone a bunch of high school students on an art trip to Italy when the art teacher had health issues at the last possible moment. I knew within 5 minutes of meeting her that she was special. We survived the trip and have been friends ever since despite a near 30 year age difference.

And now to the record breaking part...

My last post has FIVE comments. That is a record for my blog. Rather than think it pathetic, I am going to celebrate it. And there is nothing better than a GIVEAWAY. (The Pioneer Woman blog just did a giveaway and she had 10,557 comments. Do you know what your odds were of winning that fabulous MP3 player? A crapzillion to one.)







Ok, so I don't have a MP3 player to give out but I will custom make the winner of the contest a scrapbook paper, rubber stamped, embellished bookmark in your choice of color. You pick the color and I will make it and mail it to you. Yes, that means you will have to be willing to give me your address or your work address or your top secret post office box to receive this work of art : ) All you have to do is comment in any way you would like.

I will pick a comment on Saturday and have your bookmark in the mail by Monday.

That's right, a whole bookmark!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Five comments!!! That is great, but even better are your bookmarkers!! I wanna' win and just think...no shipping!!:-)

Natalie said...

i love bookmarks! when i was in junior high i collected them! i loved to read so i guess i thought i needed lots of bookmarks! (i even alphabetized my books and made library cards for them just in case any of my friends wanted to check them out...i know...i had issues!) i still read a lot. children's literature is my favorite, and i am currently working through the entire list of newbery award winners and honors 1922 to the present. that's close to 400 books. i am over halfway...but i still have a lot of reading to do!

by the way...i followed you over from citizen of the month! gotta love that neil!

Anonymous said...

I can't stop giggling, you are very funny (because I just read Pioneer Woman's post). And ironically, my 5 year old just asked me for a bookmark for her book and I handed her one of mine, that I made with stickers, a typewriter typed poem and contact paper when I was about 8. I'd made it for my mom and recently she gave it to me to keep. P.S. I love Neil!

Unknown said...

Popped over from Citizen of the Month to say HEY :>). Loved your comments about his post and happy to see him write about it. Check out some of the blogs of his commenters--very eclectic and original. Also, womanwandering is quite interesting and takes lovely photos. AnnieH

Anonymous said...

The amount of comments does not a good blog make.

Unknown said...

http://womanwandering.blogspot.com/

...to help you find her, and now you have 6 comments:>)AnnieH