Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend update


This is the new addition to the art studio. Found this at a thrift store for $75. It is solid wood, glass doors, adjustable shelving. Very cool and perfect for more storage.

Joe has the center portion for his projects in process and for his supplies. The ends are for auxilliary storage. It is a heavy piece and was not easy to get into the house but we did it with lots of help from the Jennings.

We went to St. Augustine on Saturday. I got to go to Hobby Lobby. They were having a great sale so I bought a few things. Joe got some things that appealed to him. It is a great store. Wish we had one closer but will not complain since I have both AC Moore and Michael's.

We went to lunch at our favorite restaurant - the Chianti Room. Then we toured the Flagler Memorial Presbyterian church which is the church that Henry Flagler built and is buried in. It is a strange building that seems to hold "mixed messages" despite being a working church today. Hmmm...

And then Sunday, we watched the Daytona 500 at the J's house. I had never watched the race before. I mostly did a jigsaw puzzle and hung out with the gang. Gotta say I am not much of a NASCAR gal but we had fun nonetheless. Since we live about 10 minutes from the track, "Race Week" impacts us in traffic and noise. Saw both the Direct TV and the Goodyear blimp traveling to the race. Interesting experience.

Today we will venture out to AC Moore with our finger's crossed that we do not get caught up in the bazillion RV's leaving the race track area. It is going to be worth a try since AC Moore has a 60% off coupon to lure us. Jarrett who is off for Pres Day will come along with us and maybe find something for himself with a coupon. It should be an interesting day that also includes termite treatment and severe weather forecasted this afternoon.

Just another day in Florida...

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

Okay, first... I LOVE that piece of furniture... it is so beautiful and fits that space so well aaaand is functional?! Total score, I say. Your art room is pretty fantastic.

Second, thank you soooo much for the surprises! I am obsessed with scents and always welcome new editions and I had just been looking at notebooks to hold my random crazies. Love them! And the notebook matches my photo storage from target! And the embellishments are to die for... you are so crafty!

There is no third, really... other than I miss you!