Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Organized and Inspired Scrapbooker???


Organized? What have I DONE?! Deep breaths...deep breaths. I really do love the theory of this book which is that if you organize your room based on why and how you like to create then you will be MUCH more productive in it. I love the idea of grabbing one basket and having all the basics for a project in it. It just is So Much Stinkin' Work.

Guess that is indictive of how far away from where I need this room to be I was. It IS true that I was using what I saw and forgot about everything else. I can't tell you how many times I said, "Oh yeah, I forgot I have that. Wow - that's cool - can't wait to use it." In fact, I do admit that I found an album I had made and had never finished one page in it and I stopped right then and there and finished it off spit-spot cos I could. SO that IS encouraging. Right? Please tell me right cos I need the reenforcement.

I have also said the Aby Garvey mantra a hundred plus times - "Do I love this?" When I said no, I put it in the giveaway box. (It is now overflowing onto the floor) I have only grabbed one thing back "Just in case" so I get an A-. I am happy with that!

And I am making good headway now. I have all the basic structure finished and the results are inspiring and exciting. But you don't know how many times I have walked away from this room and taken a break because I was just That Overwhelmed with the enormity of the job. And heck, I had a pretty good system already. I am a system kind of... oh, never mind.

Here is the part that is done. It makes much more sense now. I really do need a trip to Ikea in the worst way cos if more of my containers MATCHED - ooh, baby! Come on, Steff - I need a trip to Orlando!

So remember me in your positive thoughts today cos I am definitely in the dark before the light, can barely see a pinpoint of light at the end of the tunnel, tired and cranky, and trying to banish a primal scream of NOOOOO from my lips. And if you decide to do this - please tell me so I can be there to encourage you - you are going to need it, my friends!

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

You can totally do it! And will be so happy when you are finished!

Also, I lurrrrrve IKEA! And would be perfectly willing to take a journey with you...

...perhaps I should bring an empty suitcase with me! :)

Sara said...

I'm jealous, but going to try your mantra this year ... I too get lost in organization and not doing what I love ... thanks for the inspiration!

Sara